MSc Data Analytics
The major highlights of the MSc Data Analytics course are provided in the table given below:
||Master of Science in Data Analytics
||Undergraduate degree in any relevant discipline
||Entrance test and Personal interview
||Professor, Teacher, Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Algorithm Engineer, etc.
|Top Recruiting Areas
||Educational Institutes, Government Offices, Research Laboratories, MNCs etc.
Graduation in Computer Applications (BCA) or B.Sc. Degree with Mathematics/ Computer Science /Statistics/ Data Science as a main subject with not less than 50% marks in part III subjects in Part III (Main/ Core + Subsidiary/Complementary)
Graduation in Computer Applications (BCA) or B Tech in Computer Science/IT provided the candidate has studied at least 2 courses in probability/Statistics at Degree level
MSc Data Analytics: What is it about?
Data Analytics is one such course which has become widely popular in recent times. Let us see what this discipline is all about.
- MSc Data Analytics has a very broad spectrum and provides a wide number of opportunities to the students.
- Throughout the duration of the MSc Analytics course, the students will get to know how to store and handle large volumes of data and retrieve them as and when required.
- This course also deals with the various security measures that are required to protect the data from unauthorized access.
- The course will help the students to develop analytical, logical and managerial skills. They will also get to learn about the analytics for data handling and the different important values of business intelligence.
- The MSc in Data Analytics course also involves transfer of data between systems. It makes sure that the data is transferred from one system to another in a highly secured and protected way.
Value Added Course
In addition to the university curriculum, the department offers Value added course -FORENSIC BIOLOGY & MOLECULAR MICROBIOLOGY with hands on training.
This course will make the students experts in DNA analysis & Forensic studies, making them Forensic Microbiologists, helping to solve crimes and investigate environmental contamination.
Why Study MSc Data Analytics?
MSc in Data Analytics course has a lot of career opportunities to offer to the students. Here we have listed for you a few reasons regarding why you should opt for an MSc in Data Analytics course.
- The Data Analytics course has an analytical and logical approach. It focuses on the storage and retrieval of large chunks of data and the different ways by which data can be transferred in a secured way.
- After completing the course, the students acquire jobs in both government as well as reputed private sectors.
- The course also has a lot of prospects abroad. You may also pursue a Ph.D. in this course if you wish to remain in the academic field.
- Some of the top sectors which offer jobs to the MSc Data Analytics students are educational centres, multinational companies, research labs, banks and government offices.
- The students may work as a Professor, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or an Algorithm Engineer. They may also work as Research Scientists at research labs of the country.
MSc Data Analytics Eligibility Criteria
Being eligible for a particular course is the primary criteria for admission to a particular college. The minimum eligibility criteria for the MSc Data Analytics course have been listed below:
- A candidate must complete his bachelor degree in a relevant course from a recognized university.
- The candidates must have a certain minimum percentage of marks in their graduation.
- The students will have to clear the cut-off for the entrance test. The cut-off may vary each year depending on several factors.
- The candidates will also have to perform well in the personal interview which might take place after the entrance test.